With over 1 billion users, it’s no surprise why Facebook is an obvious choice for businesses to advertise on.
But what and how do you promote your fire protection business to Facebook users?
In this article, I will show you how to setup and advertise your fire protection business on Facebook in 7 easy steps.
- Creating a Facebook business page
- Setting your ad goals
- Determining the objective of your campaign
- Selecting your target audience
- Setting your spending limit
- Deciding the look and feel of your ad
- Launching your ad
This step-by-step guide is designed to help you target specific users on Facebook and increase your presence and business.
Let’s get started…
Step 1: Create a Facebook business page for your fire protection company
If your fire protection business already has a Facebook page, please skip to step 2
Your business page acts as an additional landing page for your business. Similair to your business website, your Facebook business page displays your contact information, location, services, and business/ industry information you’d like to share.
Setting up your page correctly ensures users can easily find you on Facebook. Here’s how to ensure your Facebook page is optimized and setup correctly:
- Locate “Pages” on the left side bar (on most instances this is right below “Favorites”).
- Click on “More” (this will appear as you scroll over “PAGES”) and you will see the opportunity to create a new page at the top of the page.
- Click “Create a Page”
- Select your business type. (I recommend you select “Company, Organization, or Institution” as you are able to select “Engineering/Construction” as your category.)
- Enter your company name and click “Get Started.”
- Add a few sentences to tell people what your Page is about by adding a company description and your business website. Click “Save Info” when you are done.
- Upload your company logo and click “Save Photo”
- If you’d like to easily access your Facebook page, add your page to your “Favorites” by clicking “Add to Favorites”
- Set your target audience by letting Facebook know who you’d like to connect with. When you are done click “Save.”
- Put the finishing touches on your page by adding contact information and an eye catching cover photo (and profile picture if needed).
Step 2: Set goals for your fire protection company’s ads
Set S.M.A.R.T goals for your ads – meaning your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-based. Setting goals with the S.M.A.R.T acronym in mind will not only help guide you ad strategy, but ensure you receive a return on your investment.
An example of S.M.A.R.T goal setting would be to increase web traffic to Acme Fire Protection by 25% in the next 3 months.
Step 3: Determine the objective of your company’s campaign
Now that you have your Facebook page setup and advertising goals set, it’s time to set the objective of your campaign. To get started, click “Create Ads” from the dropdown arrow located at the top your Facebook
- From there you will be taken to a screen where you willl be asked to set the objective of your campaign.
- (Let’s use the S.M.A.R.T goal set in step 2 as reference)With the goal already identified, the objective of the campaign should be clear. Since Acme Fire Protection is looking to increase web traffic by 25%, they would set the objective of their campaign to “Send people to your website,”
- and set the web address they would like visitors to be directed towards.
- Note: If your adverising goal is to increase web traffic, it is important to identify,or build, a landing page that allows visitors to engage with your business. Whether it is a blog post, infographic, or lead form, try and capture contact information, or provide a reason for visitors to return to your website.
Step 4: Select your fire safety company’s target audience
Selecting the right audience for your ad is crucial to the success of your advertising efforts on Facebook. It is important you take your time during this step to really think about who would benefit from seeing your ad, and how they would benefit your business.
You will be asked to identify your target audience based on age, location, gender, interests, behavior, education, and more.
- As you begin to build your audience, you will see the audience details and potential reach adjust accordingly on the rightside of the screen.
Step 5: Set your company’s ad spend
After selecting your target audience, it is time to set your advertising spend. Here you will want to know the maximum amount of money you are willing to spend per ad and action, and ensure your budget is effective.
To begin, select a daily or lifetime budget for your campaign and set the budget – this can be as little as $5 (however, remember effectiveness).
- Next, select the length of your campaign, or start and end date.
- Next, you’ll want to optimize your ad by selecting the way you will pay. Your options include paying per impression, per click, or reach. An explanation of each option is listed below.
- Finally, if you have choosen a lifetime budget, you can select the hours and days you would like your ad to run, or not run, in the Ad Scheduling section. Note: This option is not available for daily budgets.
Step 6: Decide how you want your company’s ad to look – fire inspection or fire system service?
Now is the time you decide what you want your ad to say and how you want it to look. If you are unsure what you’d like, take a look at Facebook and the ads being served to you. How are the ads written? What are the images being used?
A good rule of thumb is to keep the text short and use pictures of people.
To get started designing your ad, you must first decide if you want to use a single photo or video, or multiple images in your ad.
- Then upload the images or videos you will be using.
- Next, add the text for your ad and select the CTA (Call-to-Action) button you’d like to use.
Step 7: Launch your company’s ad
And, at last it’s time to launch your ad!
To finish this process, scroll to the bottom of the page and hit “Place Order.”
- While you wait for Facebook to approve your ad, you will asked to add payment information, if you have not done so already. The approval process can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. You will be notified via email once your ad is approved or rejected.We hope this was a helpful walk through of how to promote your fire protection company on Facebook! In the meantime…
Interested in learning more about Inspect Point? Contact us today to request your private 30 minute online demo.