This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the Inspect Point Terms of Services.
Collection of Information
Personal Information We Collect
For the purpose of this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. We obtain Personal Information relating to you from various sources described below.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with the Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
- Personal Information Provided by You
Account Registration. If you register to use our Services, then you must provide us with your name, email address, and a password in order to create an account and user profile. Some types of user registrations also require a physical address or location. You may also optionally add other information about you or your business in various settings areas of our applications.
Making Payments. When you make payments to or through the Services, you may need to provide Personal Information to our third-party Services providers, such as your credit card number and billing address.
User Content. When you interact with other users by sending them messages, placing instructions etc., our Services will process the information you provide in such submissions, to the extent permitted under applicable law. This may also include the information regarding your contacts that you choose to import into the Services.
Communications. We will collect any information which you provide to us through your communications e.g., when you communicate with our customer support team.
Job Applications. We will collect any information which you provide to us when you apply for a job with Inspect Point, including your resume and references.
- Personal Information Collected via Automated Means
In addition to information that you provide to us, we may collect information about you and your use of our Services via automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies:
Location Information. We may collect and store your location information, including GPS coordinates, if you enable your mobile device to send it to us. Collection of this information may improve the provision of our Services.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. When you use our Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to automatically collect certain information. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services. When you use our Services, we may also automatically collect certain information from your device by using similar technologies, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your settings with regard to such automated data collection. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, such technologies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential.
The automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use our Services, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on our Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use our Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
We use this information to assess how many users access or use our Services, how they interact with our Services, which content, products, and features of our Services most interest or are of most value to our users, what types of offers and incentives our customers and their end-customers respond to, and how our Services performs from a technical point of view.
- Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties
Our Business Customers. If you are using the Services as an end user of a Business Customer, we may collect Personal Information about you from our Business Customers who use the Services with their own end users, often their employees. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, information to process payments, and other information necessary to operate the Services. We may also collect information from our Business Customers about their end-customers, which information we process on their behalf.
Usage & Disclosure of Information
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
Except as described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Other users. Any Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to include on or through the Services, including information in a publicly accessible area of the Services (such as a public profile page) or information you share with or allow to be shared with other users, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other Users who will view and use the posted information.
- Vendors and Services Providers. We work with third party Services providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other Services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Information as part of providing those Services for us. We limit the information provided to these Services providers to that which is necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Our Business Customers If you are using the Services as an end user or end-customer of a Business Customer, we may disclose information about you to that Business Customer, such as your name, email address and physical address, in connection with your business relationship with that Business Customer and as necessary to provide the Services you have requested of the Business Customer.
- Other Third Parties. We may also share Personal Information about you with other third parties in the following circumstances:
- In Aggregated Form. We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise de-identified information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ and our Business Customers’ end-customers’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, Services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Services.
- To Comply with Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- To Protect and Enforce Our Rights. We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- In case of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfer. Information about our users, our Business Customers and their end-users and end-customers, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets
- With Your Consent. We also may disclose your Personal Information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
How We Use Personal Information We Collect
We may use Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
Internal and Services-Related Usage. We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Services, to provide Services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
Analytics and Improving the Services. We use your Personal Information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new product, features, and functionality.
Communications. We may use your email address or other Personal Information (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer Services, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to your User Content posted on the Services or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions, relating to products and Services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Rights and Choices.”
Tailored Content. We may use your Personal Information to: (i) personalize our Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services; (ii) provide customized content, and information.
Aggregate Data. We may de-identify and aggregate information to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Services and third-party marketing activities and to monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
Partners and Vendors. We use Personal Information collected from our business partners and vendors to manage those relationships.
Job Applications. If you apply for a job at Inspect Point, we may process your Personal Information to evaluate your application.
Legal. We may use your Personal Information to enforce our End User License Agreement and Terms of Services, to defend our legal rights, to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies.
Other Purposes. We also may use your Personal Information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information;
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, including for account registration and to respond to your inquiries;
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information;
- We or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to conduct business analytics, and otherwise improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
Your Options & Rights
Account Information. You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account settings page on the Services. If you are not a registered user of the Services, if you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, or if you would like to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from a Business Customer, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Opt-Out. If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Services.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period, unless we are required by applicable law to process your request within a shorter period of time. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
Privacy Settings. Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personal Information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Services. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Services is removed, caching and archiving Services may have saved that information, and others, including third parties, may have copied or stored the information available on the Services. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Do Not Track. Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to Do Not Track signals, our website does not currently respond to such signals.
Other Rights. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may have the following additional rights:
- Request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or to object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may exercise these rights by using the How to Contact Us below. If you are a California resident, please review the additional notice at the end of the document for more information regarding your rights under California law.
Secure Checkout Policy
Some of our Business Customers may choose to enable payments. Payments are processed by a PCI-compliant 3rd-party. When you make payments on our applications, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to appropriately protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. WE CANNOT, HOWEVER, ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US OR STORE ON THE Services, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ALSO CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF ANY OF OUR PHYSICAL, TECHNICAL, OR MANAGERIAL SAFEGUARDS. The foregoing is subject to requirements under applicable law to ensure or warrant information security.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs and will follow all legal requirements around breach notifications.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and Services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our products or Services, the impact on the Services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
The Services is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
When we transfer Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area, we will comply with applicable EU data protection laws. We may transfer your Personal Information to countries which provide an adequate level of protection under EU law, we may use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, or rely on other legal transfer mechanisms or derogations. You may contact us as specified below to obtain a copy of the safeguards we use to transfer Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area.
Privacy of Minors
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 16 years of age, please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Services from persons under 16 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 16 years of age has obtained an account on the Services, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year, by emailing or writing to us at the address listed below. Please mention in your letter that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within 30 days. Additionally, please contact us if you would like to exercise any of the privacy rights listed below.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with the following privacy rights:
- Right to Know: Consumers have a right to request information about the personal information that we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
- Right to Delete: Consumers have a right to request the deletion of personal information that we have collected from them, though we may be permitted to retain personal information for certain purposes.
- Right to Opt Out of Sales: We do not share your information with third parties in exchange for money. We do share your information with third parties to enhance your experiences with us, to improve our ability to serve you, and to keep you aware of our products, services, and offers. California law may treat some of such disclosures as sales, and consumers have a right to direct us not to sell their personal information.
- Non-Discrimination: We may not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate if the difference is reasonably related to the value of your information.
How to Contact Us
Inspect Point is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information as described in this Policy. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:
24 4th St.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Services for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
You understand and agree that the owners of this site shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, data or other intangible losses (even if the owners of this site have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the product(s) and or service(s) or any misuse of the product(s) and or service(s) in a manner not in accordance with their intended use.